Líneas de investigación 2015
- Quality, effectiveness and costs of breast and colon cancer screening programs.
- Clinical and molecular epidemiology of exocrine pancreatic cancer.
- Causes and consequences of diagnostic and therapeutic delays in cancer.
- Comparative effectiveness and cost-utility of localized prostate cancer therapies.
- Incidence, mortality and case-fatality trends in myocardial infarction (MI) and distribution of cardiovascular (CV) risk factors.
- Predictive capacity of cardiovascular risk functions.
- Common and rare genetic and epigenetic variants associated with CV traits.
- Gene by Environment interaction in CV diseases.
- Health effects of Persistent Organic Pollutants.
- Environmental, occupational and genetic factors related to cancer, respiratory disease and child health.
- Exposure assessment using new biomedical technologies and implementing complex statistics and bioinformatics methods.
- Environmental exposures in early life and neurodevelopment, obesity and metabolic syndrome, and allergy and asthma.
- Advanced measurement methods for patient-reported outcomes (PROs).
- Information systems for assessment of costs per patient and risk adjustment.
- New strategies for improving quality and patient safety.
- Tools and methods for improving health services research, including discrete event simulation models.
- Comparative effectiveness and cost-utility of therapies for most burdensome conditions (asthma, cancer, depression, and low-back pain, among others).
- Effectiveness and costs of treatments in the acute phase of MI.
- Prevalence trends of drug use and associated factors.
- Disorders associated to drug use: Psychiatric comorbidity and blood-borne infections.
- Frequency and risk factors of common mental disorders and suicide.
- Distribution and correlates of perceived health and psychological well-being in the general population.
- High density lipoproteins (HDL) functionality and nutritional interventions.
- Nutrigenomics: changes in gene expression than can be attributed to nutrients.
- Interaction between diet and intestinal flora.
- Obesity and diabetes epidemiology and management. Nursing care
- Application of Evidence Based Nursing Practice.
- Prevalence and disability associated to Faecal incontinence.
Occupation & Unemployment
- Labor market trajectories and permanent disability and mortality.
- Occupational diseases and social protection.
- Working condition surveys in Latin America.