The main work areas of the translational research unit in haematological neoplasms are the following:
- Biological classification of the marginal zone lymphomas: study using conventional cytogenetics, FISH, SKY and CGH array of the splenic marginal zone lymphomas.
- Biological classification of Hodgkin’s lymphomas: conventional cytogenetics study on Hodgkin’s lymphomas using FISH, SKY and tissue array (TMA).
- Biological classification of chronic myeloproliferative disorder (CMPD): expression microarray study of diseases with essential thrombocythemia, polycythemia vera, idiopathic myelofibrosis and refractory anaemia with thrombocytosis.
- Biological classification of the myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS): a) determination of 5q clone in patients with MDS and 5q syndrome- before and after treatment with lenalidomide b) determination by FISH of 5q- deletion in patients with MDS and absence of 5q deletion by conventional cytogenetics c) FISH application in peripheral and bone marrow blood samples.
- Biological classification of coetaneous lymphomas: study by FISH. CGH array and tissue arrays (TMA) of coetaneous lymphomas.
- National DNA data bank
- Oncological Disease Node: DNA extraction from samples from patients with haematological neoplasms and solid tumours.
And with joint efforts the following are carried:
Genetic-based classification of lung cancer, genetic-based classification of kidney caner, genetic-based classification of prostate cancer and genetic-based classification of bladder cancer
Other links of interest:
Asociación española de hematologia y hemoterapia ,Grupo español citologia hematológica,Asociación española contra el cáncer,Grupo de investigación en sarcomas,Academia española de dermatología y venereología,Grup de biología molecular hematología,Eurogentest,Atlas chromosome in cancer,Recurrent chromosome aberrations in cancer,Mitelman database of chromosome aberrations in cancer,Resources for molecular cytogenetics,European society of human genetics,European cytogeneticists association,American society of human genetics.