The behavioral neurobiology research group (GReNeC) was constituted in 2007 and it is a recognized team in the study of the neurobiological substrate of the dependence of psychiatric disorder including drug addiction, affective disorders, paychiatric co-morbidity and schizophrenia.
Our group forms a part of Experimental and Health Sciences Department of Pompeu Fabra University (CEXS-UPF), it is associated with IMIM and is located in Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB).
The main research lines of our group are:
- Neurobiology of addictive behaviour (psychostimulants, alcohol and cannabinoids)
- Neurotoxicity mechanisms
- Neurobiology of psychiatric disorders (affective disorders & schizophrenia)
- Psychiatric co-morbidity
- Acute, chronic and neuropathic pain
- Spontaneous behaviour and phenotype of murine models
- Physiopathology of neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative disorders.