The Committee for Research Integrity (CIR) is a body constituted freely and voluntarily by the researchers of PRBB centres:
- Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute (IMIM)
- Departament of Health and Experimental Sciences of the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (CEXS-UPF)
- Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG)
- Centre for Research in Environmental Edipiemiology (CREAL)
- Centre of Regenerative Medicine in Barcelona (CMRB)
- Institute of Advanced Technology (PET centre)
Acts independently and at the complete service of the researchers and the scientific community with the unique interest of giving support to the quality of research and to contribute to its integrity.
Its functions are:
- To supervise the general, constant, and complete fulfillment of guidelines of the Code of Good Scientific Practice in our Centres.
- To act as an arbitration body for uncertainties or conflicts that may arise in relation to research integrity matters. Its decisions are binding for those researchers submitting their conflicts to the CIR.
- To provide information and to continuously sensitize with regard to events, necessities and orientations related to ethical and deontological aspects of biomedical research. The Committee has the compromise to request from the Governing Bodies of the Centres, the resources and measures that will contribute to the development of this function.
- To be receptive to new problems related to research integrity, to propose their discussion to our institutions and, consequently, to update the Code of Good Scientific Practice as needed.
In relation to the functions mentioned above, the Committee will guarantee by all means its managerial diligence, independence of action, anonymity and confidentiality in the treatment of personal data, solvency of the information generated, impartiality in the deliberation process and equity of resolutions as well as possible allegations.